…plus the men, women, and teenagers that took them
We are proud to introduce you to Colorado’s only big-game hunting book ever written titled, Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls
. The book is packed with all-new and detailed hunting stories and more than 1,000 photographs, some never-before-seen, of historical hunting scenes, modern big-game, and hunters and game from 1850 to the present! This entirely new edition of Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls
features thousands of big-game animals entered in Boone and Crockett Club for all types of hunters, Pope and Young Club for bowhunters and The Longhunter Society for muzzleloader hunters.
Doug Burris holds his B&C Wolrd’s Record typi8cal mule deer from Dolores, Colorado. Pictured In Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
All 13 of the big-game categories hunted in Colorado since the 1800s to the present are included. Every big-game animal featured in the book is big enough to be in B&C. This entertaining 420-page hardcover book measures 8-1/2 by 11 inches with a 24k gold leaf bugling elk on the cover.
Thirty years ago Colorado Springs author and hunter Susan Campbell Reneau wrote the first edition of Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls as a testament to the outstanding wildlife and hunters of her state. Susan was pregnant with her third son when she wrote the first edition with her husband. Now her third son Richard, who taught her to hunt, is co-author of this third edition.
This 1894 taxidermy shop in Lay, Colorado is one of hundreds of historical photographs enjoyed in Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition. Read the details of all them. Photograph by Allen Grant Wallihan, courtesy of Denver Public Library
An all-terrain vehicle in 1932 is one of dozens of historical photos featured in Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition. Photograph courtesy of Jerry Canterbury
John Plute’s former B&C World’s Record typical elk that was Number One for 100 years! Pictured in Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
King of the Valley with bowhunters Harry Riemer II and Mike Skalisky. Pictured in Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
Two giant black bears hang in 1911 behind James J. Donnelly and the unnamed dog that found them. Pictured in Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
Third largest bighorn in Colorado on display in Denver. Find out where in Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
Brian Williams holds his Colorado State Record cougar on day of hunt. Pictured in Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
Bowhunter Mike Dziekan and his wife Cindy with his B&C/P&Y Shiras moose. Pictured In Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
Three very happy Trophy Owners pictured In Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
- 420 pages of hundreds of detailed hunting stories and more than 1,000 historical and modern photographs!
- All Colorado big-game officially accepted in Boone and Crockett Club (B&C), Pope and Young Club (P&Y) and The Longhunter Society (LS) for muzzleloaders from 1850 to the present!
- Maps, graphs, statistics and charts necessary to help harvest Colorado typical and non-typical mule deer, typical and non-typical elk and Shiras moose and detailed statistics about hunter and game populations and total populations.
- Information, photographs and statistics to help harvest typical and non-typical whitetail, Rocky Mountain goat, bighorn and desert sheep, cougar, black bear and pronghorn!
- Full-page reproductions of 13 B&C score sheets to measure your own big-game!
- Combined listings for all 13 categories of Colorado big game for B&C, P&Y and The Longhunter Society that are big enough to be included in B&C!
- Full-page photographs featuring places to see and things to do in Colorado for the avid hunter like you and me!
- Photographs of freak big-game from across Colorado as collected by hunters and staff of Colorado Parks and Wildlife!
- Chapters on the history of Colorado hunting and hunting regulations for deer, elk and Shiras moose from the 1850s to the present!
- And, much, much more!
Mike Okray’s cool non-typical whitetail buck on display at Bass Pro Shops in Colorado. Pictured In Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
Dall DeWeese holds his massive non-typical elk in 1888. See the bull in Canon City and pictured In Colorado’s Biggest Bucks and Bulls, Third Edition.
This new book is an outstanding gift for you, your friends and family that love to hunt and love the historical photograph record of Colorado.
Order now for those special occasions like birthdays, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Christmas and anniversaries to celebrate all that is wonderful about Colorado and our hunting heritage!